We are a growing, vibrant church in NE Columbia South Carolina. We’d love for you to be our guest this weekend!
The mission of Northeast Presbyterian Church is to capture hearts for Christ and to build them up to a full maturity in the faith evidenced by a passion for God, His people and the lost. We describe these three passions:
REACHING UP to be transformed by God (Romans 12:2 & John 8:32),
REACHING AROUND to love and care for family & friends (John 13:35 & James 1:27) and
REACHING OUT to love and care for the lost and disenfranchised of our community and world (Acts 1:8 & Matthew 25:40).
Northeast Presbyterian Church Business Hours
Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Please use the Business Office entrance, located in the rear of the building, to gain access during business hours – unless there is a function. If you need access through a different door, please use the intercom located at each of the four main doorways.
You may reach the church office by calling 803.788.5298. After hours, you may leave a message in the voice mailbox and someone will return your call the next business day.
NEPC is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), a denomination whose identifying statement is “Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed Faith and Obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ” and whose doctrines are formally expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith together with its Larger and Shorter Catechisms. We believe in the following:
- The authority and truth of Scripture as God’s holy and inerrant Word
- The deity, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The future return of Jesus Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords
- The immediate opportunity to receive the gift of eternal life through repentance of sins and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- The gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit to all believers
OUR CORE VALUES
Our core values connect to the initials of the church name, NEPC: Nurture, Evangelism, Prayer & Praise, and Character. It is through a diligent commitment to these values that we believe one can best fulfill the purpose for which he or she has been made – “to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.”
- NURTURING– meeting needs of body and soul in an environment of grace and accountability.
- EVANGELISM – presenting God’s offer of new life through faith in Jesus Christ.
- PRAYER AND PRAISE – communing with God in ways that reveal His character and will.
- CHARACTER – growing in maturity through Spirit-empowered learning and applying of God’s life-changing truth.
- September 23, 1979 – First worship service in WildeWood School gymnasium (now St. John Neumann School).
- July 20, 1980 – Congregation calls organizing Pastor George Crow to be permanent pastor.
- September 25, 1983 – First worship service on the Polo Road campus in what is now the High School Auditorium.
- December 3, 1989 – GOD MADE IT GROW campaign culminates with first worship in current Sanctuary.
- September 2004 – Special 25th Anniversary worship services and festivities.
- January 8, 2006 – Dedication of new “Chapter Three” facilities.
- September 2016 – Dedication of renovated sanctuary.