Sermon Title: David’s Anointing (#2 in the sermon series)
Scripture text: 1st Samuel 16:1-13
- How We See Things
- How God Sees Things
- How to See Like God Sees
- Do you agree that we are in an “image driven” society? How does that affect us? How does that affect you personally?
- What kind of images have the most power over you? Why?
- Why do we struggle so much to focus on the outward, and not the inward?
- How does God see things differently than from how we see things?
- Put 1st Samuel 16:7 in your own words. Make it personal and don’t allow yourself to simply change one or two words in restating it.
- How can we see things the way that God sees things?
- What does the beauty and glory of Christ have to do with this topic?
- Name one area that God is calling you to surrender to him when it comes to the “externals” in your life.