Middle School and High School “GATHERING” Topics for January 2019:
Jan 9– Conforming Your Mind, Jason Pittman (MS)
Jan 13– Kick-off: Conforming Your Mind, Jason Pittman (HS)
Jan 16– Poverty and Homelessness in our Schools, Abby Cobb, lead Social Worker for Richland 2 school district (MS)
Jan 20– Poverty and Homelessness in our Schools, Abby Cobb, lead Social Worker for Richland 2 School District (HS)
Jan 23-Stress, Anxiety and Depression and how they affect you, Laura Edwards and Audrey Mallard, School Counselors (MS)
Jan 27– Stress, Anxiety and Depression and how they affect you, Laura Edwards and Audrey Mallard, School Counselors (HS)
Middle School and High School Current Sunday School Topics:
Jan 6- Outreach Introduction
Jan 13- Outreach: Lost and Found
Jan 20- Outreach: Burden for the Lost
Jan 27- Outreach: Spread the Word
Feb 3- Souper Bowl of Caring Food and Fellowship
Feb 10- Outreach: Purpose vs. Presence
Feb 17- Knowledge Introduction
Feb 24- Knowledge: Revealed
What can you do?
- Bring in your non-perishable food items to support the Richland 2 School District food pantries.
- Serve at the NEPC Soup Kitchen Wednesday, January 30.
- Participate in the HS service day on Feb 2.
- Volunteer to collect money and/or donate financially on Souper Bowl Sunday,
- February 3rd. (donations support Transitions)
Look for sign-up sheets for any of the above at MS or HS Gatherings or Sunday school. More questions?
Contact Caroline Reynolds, 760-4903 or Sammy Grace Henning, 803-240-4009
Needed Non-perishable food:
All items need to be non-perishable (nothing that needs to be kept cold/frozen or with expiration date that will expire soon)
We need two different types of items in the pantry:
-Snacks that students can have access to while at school when they have not had anything to eat
-Food that students/families can take home with them to fix meals.
- Instant oatmeal & grits
- Cereal bars
- Packages of crackers
- Granola bars
- Individual packages of snacks (example: chips, cookies, trail mix, crackers, etc)
- Beef jerky
- Fruit snacks
- Spaghetti noodles & sauce
- Canned vegetables &fruit
- Canned tuna/chicken
- Hamburger Helper meals / Tuna Helper Meals
- Bottles of juice/Kool-aid
- Mac n cheese
- Boxes of rice/pasta
- Sugar & Flour
- Muffin mix / corn bread mix
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Ravioli / Spaghetti O’s
- Rice / Box rice mix
- Taco Kits