Our very popular CHILDRENS’ NO STRESS READING CLUB has begun! For those new to our congregation or club, here’s all you need to know:
- Club has begun and runs through AUGUST 12;
- Parents, register your kids at the Lamppost desk. Forms are clearly visible! Fill out (don’t forget t-shirt size), sign the back, and leave in the designated box. All club participants must be registered to participate;
- Kids read, read, read or listen, listen, listen…to whatever they want…in whatever form they want….electronic, audio, or hard copies…whatever their pleasure…no fuss, no muss from now thru August 12th;
- Write down the titles read on our special Lamppost book forms (also available at desk) and turn in all throughout the summer or by August 12!
- At the end of August, we’ll celebrate with a big ICE CREAM PARTY and award GRAND PRIZES in drawings for qualified readers in each age division: ages 3 to 6, 7 to 12, and 13 to 17. Drawing prizes include gift cards and a KINDLE! Will this be your year to take one of these beauties home??
In other news, our Adult nonfiction shelves are moving soon….right down the hallway…so they will be more accessible than ever before! Hooray! Stay tuned for further details. And in Adult and Childrens’ Fiction, new titles continue to arrive. You’ll find them on our FEATURED BOOKS shelves in front of the Grand Hall.
COMING NEXT WEEK: Suggested Reading Lists for every age! These will also be at the Lamppost desk, so be on the lookout! [Boy, it’s a wonder that desk doesn’t (Word of the Week) CRUMPLE under all the literary goodness.]
We are your Relaxing Reading Retreat and you’ll find us right in the center of the church . . . in the Atrium.
Lighting up your world with reading to light your way to HIM . . . King Jesus . . . that’s what we do at your Lamppost. Come “check us out” next time you’re at church