“The man who does not read
has no advantage over
the man who cannot read.”
~ Mark Twain ~
So true, Mr. Twain! And may I add, the same applies to women and children??
That’s why your Lamppost is here to serve you, regardless of age!
And just in time for a more relaxed summer season, we have something for every member of the family.
First up, for our kids age 3 to 17, we proudly present our semi-famous CHILDREN’S NO STRESS READING CLUB! Here are the specifics for our 2.017 version:
- Club has begun and runs through AUGUST 13th;
- Parents, register your kids at the Lamppost desk. Forms are clearly visible! Fill out (don’t forget t-shirt size) and leave in the designated box. All club participants must be registered to participate;
- Read, read, read or listen, listen, listen… to whatever you want… in whatever form you want…. electronic, audio, or hard copies… whatever your pleasure… no fuss, no muss;
- Write down the titles on our special Lamppost book forms and turn in all throughout the summer and by August 13th!
- At the end of August, we’ll celebrate with a big ICE CREAM PARTY and award GRAND PRIZES in drawings for qualified readers in each age division: ages 3 to 6, 7 to 12, and 13 to 17.
For our grownups, we have a super selection of fiction and nonfiction titles for your (Word of the Week) SCRUTINY. Also at the Lamppost desk, you’ll find a couple of reading lists for adults… one for contemporary fiction (that our women will particularly enjoy) and one with a list of recommended classics to re-visit!
We are your Lamppost… lighting up your world with reading to light your way to HIM… our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Get the kids registered for Summer Reading Club today and “check us out” next time you’re at church!