“Why did you do all this for me?” he asked. “I don’t deserve it.
I’ve never done anything for you.”
“You have been my friend,” she replied. “That in itself is a tremendous thing.
After all, what’s a life anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die.
By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle.
Heaven knows anyone’s life can stand a little of that.”
TRIVIA QUIZ: Where is this quote found? Was it in a magazine? A short story? A book? First person to email me the correct answer wins a prize.
ONLY ONE RULE: NO GOOGLING!! Honor system prevails here as it should in every aspect of our Christian lives!
Hint, hint: comes from one of my favorites! And while on the subject, I have FAVORITE and UNFAVORITE subjects to pass along:
Up first, the good news: Our CHILDREN’S NO STRESS READING CLUB is in full swing; if you have not gotten your child(ren) ages 3 to 17 in on it, please do so (Word of the Week) POSTHASTE. Registration is open only a bit longer, so don’t delay.
Here’s all you need to know:
- Club has begun and runs through AUGUST 13th;
- Parents, register your kids at the Lamppost desk. Forms are clearly visible! Fill out (don’t forget t-shirt size) and leave in the designated box. All club participants must be registered to participate;
- Read, read, read or listen, listen, listen… to whatever you want… in whatever form you want… electronic, audio, or hard copies… whatever your pleasure… no fuss, no muss;
- Write down the titles on our special Lamppost book forms and turn in all throughout the summer and by August 13th!
- At the end of August, we’ll celebrate with a big ICE CREAM PARTY and award GRAND PRIZES in drawings for qualified readers in each age division: ages 3 to 6, 7 to 12, and 13 to 17.
And now the un-favorite bit of news: the Lamppost will be CLOSED JUNE 26-30 for DI… Dreaded Inventory (a necessary evil).
To that end, PLEASE RETURN any books or media that you have finished so that we can account for it. Should you wish to keep longer, please feel free to email me and I’ll take care of it for you. Or, you may fill out a Renewal Form card, conveniently located on the Lamppost desk in the atrium.
We are your Lamppost and we light up your world with reading, listening, and viewing to light your way to HIM… our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Come “check us out” this week and get your kids registered for Summer Reading Club!